Over the recent years, so many diets have come into the limelight. There is Keto Diet, and now there is Paleo Diet. The latter one has been becoming popular just like the former one. And rightly so. Why? Well, to know that you have to keep on reading this article.
Paleo Diet has been making the rounds all over the world. For all the right reasons too, it seems.
- 1 What Is Paleo Diet? Things To Consider
What Is Paleo Diet? Things To Consider
There are more people getting attracted to it day by day. And frankly, as per the people who have tried it, it is helpful in reaching their goals in a healthy way.
Where Does Paleo Diet Originate From?
The Paleo diet is derived from an idea about what people might have been eating during the Paleolithic era. The most common foods included in it are fish, nuts, seeds, veggies, lean meats, etc. These, if you think about it, are what could be obtained by people in those times either from the plants and trees or by way of hunting.
Of course, with this diet, a few of the foods are restricted. These include the ones obtained from farming like grains and dairy products.
What Is The Goal Of This Diet?
This particular diet is basically a way of going back to the earlier habits and eating as the humans ate at that time. Some researchers also have the opinion that the modern diet might have made us lose our ability to adapt. Hence, going back to the older eating practices might prove to be great for the human body.
What Are The Reasons To Opt For A Paleo Diet?
The Paleo diet can be opted for due to a lot of reasons. The 2 most common ones are:
- To maintain or lose weight
- To plan meals
What Should You Avoid During The Paleo Diet?
First of all, as you read above, Paleo Diet can only be followed if you do not depend on the modern dietary requirements. The following are a few of the foods that have to be sworn off of in order to follow this diet:
- Grains – These come under the modern farming products.
- Refined sugar – This was in production back then.
- Dairy – People, in most of the places of the world, had not figured out these products.
- Processed food – This wasn’t a thing during the Paleolithic era.
Some of the other foods also include potatoes, legumes, and salt.
What Foods Are Acceptable In A Paleo Diet?
When you see the list of foods that you’re allowed to have during the Paleo Diet, you will notice how healthy it is.
- Fruits and vegetables – These are a must
- Nuts and seeds – These are very healthy and rich in nutrients
- Lean Meats – This is what is recommended in various other diets too
- Fish – Richness of omega 3 fatty acids in several fishes, is what makes this the one that should not be avoided.
- Nut and fruit oils – Walnut oil and Olive oil are the most preferred ones during this diet.
How Does the Paleo Diet Affect You?
Several studies have shown great benefits of the Paleo Diet. This is all thanks to the foods that are allowed in this diet. The food that one can consume during the course of following this diet is very rich in so many nutrients, especially fish, vegetables, and fruits. It can help with the following benefits too:
- Paleo diet helps in losing weight
- It can help in glucose tolerance
- Better appetite is also one of the benefits of the Paleo Diet
- The diet improves the blood pressure control
Conclusion – Is a Paleo Diet For You?
As per the experts, and what you read above, Paleo Diet is one of the most effective diets out there. That being said, it should not be followed for too long. Although it is rich in nutrients and has many health benefits, there still is a lack of some which can only be derived from the sources one is not allowed during this diet. And taking anything beyond a certain limit and to an extreme will only prove to be disadvantageous and even dangerous.
The Paleo Diet will surely work wonders for your body and help you reach your weight and health goal. It is also recommended to exercise and have healthy meals along with this diet as well as the others.
You Can Also Read: Peripheral Neuropathy & Treatment Options