Digestive Health or Gut Health has become a very important topic in today’s world as many diseases actually start from your gut. Diseases like Diabetes, Psoriasis, and even hair fall might have been caused by Bad gut Health.
Hippocrates also said once “All diseases begin in the Gut”.
- 1 What Are The Signs Of An Unhealthy Gut?
- 1.1 10 Tips To Improve Gut Health
- 1.1.1 1. Eat local fruits
- 1.1.2 2. Eat varied Vegetables
- 1.1.3 3. Avoid Packaged and Fried Food
- 1.1.4 4. Fermented food is good for you
- 1.1.5 5. Eat Whole Grains
- 1.1.6 6. Minimize Dairy
- 1.1.7 7. Give preference to plant-based diets
- 1.1.8 8. Pre-biotic Food might help
- 1.1.9 9. Have sprouts and nuts as snacks
- 1.1.10 10. Don’t pop in antacids and laxatives too much
- 1.1 10 Tips To Improve Gut Health
- 2 Conclusion
What Are The Signs Of An Unhealthy Gut?
To improve one’s Gut health the best thing to do is to make changes to your unhealthy lifestyles and actually eat the right food.
here are some common symptoms of an unhealthy gut:
- Bad Digestive Health: If one has bad digestive health with issues like Bloating, Pain, Distension, Constipation, irritable bowel syndrome all are caused by a bad Gut.
- Brain Fog: If there are days when you don’t feel like yourself; your responses are slow and you are just not there the issue’s root cause might actually be bad gut health.
- Sudden Weight Changes: Sudden weight changes is it gaining weight or losing weight might be caused by an unhealthy Gut.
- Sleep Disturbances: If you are having sleep disturbances like sleeplessness or having difficulty sleeping the issue might be in your Gut as serotonin hormone is produced in your Gut which helps you to sleep.
- Skin Problems: A lot of skin diseases like Eczema, Acne, Dryness of skin might have been caused by bad gut health.
- Autoimmune Diseases: Autoimmune diseases like Psoriasis, Celiac diseases, etc might actually be caused by bad Gut Health.
- Food intolerance: If eating certain foods causes bloating, Gas, Nausea then you might be intolerant to that kind of food and this food might be causing bad bacteria to increase in your Gut.
If you have one or more of the above problems before making dietary changes please visit a Doctor.
10 Tips To Improve Gut Health
Diet plays an important role in our overall health including Gut health. Below are the few diets to improve one’s Gut Health:-
1. Eat local fruits
In whichever location you are in right now try eating as locally as possible and having local fruits and berries helps in your health as you are acclimatized to the local food in your area; and fruits have antioxidants and vitamins which improves your digestive health
2. Eat varied Vegetables
People tend to be choosy and picky in their choice of vegetables but eating a varied range of vegetables might heal your Gut and strengthen you’re overall Digestive health.
3. Avoid Packaged and Fried Food
Packaged Food, Fried Food, Food with preservatives, and Refined food must be avoided. Fried food has unfortunately become a major part of our diet and also we because of sappy Ads have also included a large amount of packaged and refined Food in our diet which is causing problems for our digestive health like Bloating, Acidity, nausea, etc.
4. Fermented food is good for you
Having food that is fermented by yeast or bacteria might boost the number of good bacteria in your Gut and improve your overall digestive health. So have foods like yogurt, South Indian foods like Dosa, Idli, and Appams.
5. Eat Whole Grains
Ragi, Bajra, Jwar, normal Wheat, etc are good for your Gut as it contains nondigestible carbs which pass from the small intestine to the large intestine directly and gives to boost to good bacteria in your system.
6. Minimize Dairy
One should eat by observing your body to the reactions it has to the food we eat not just by the taste. If your body feels problems like bloating, gas after having dairy you should minimize dairy in your diet as much as possible.
7. Give preference to plant-based diets
Meat if you make it sparse in your diet will be good for your Gut health as meat causes bad bacteria to rise in your system.
8. Pre-biotic Food might help
Foods like Garlic, Onions, Asparagus are the kind of food that is good for your Gut health.
9. Have sprouts and nuts as snacks
If you feel the urge to have snacks at times you should replace unhealthy snacks with sprouts and nut
10. Don’t pop in antacids and laxatives too much
If you are having recurrent digestive issues like acidity and constipation it might have deeper roots in your unhealthy gut and making good and healthy lifestyle choices is the answer to not popping antacids and laxatives too much which might be detrimental to your digestive health.
A good Gut can avoid a lot of Diseases and make good lifestyle changes and choosing food that increases good bacteria in your system is good for your health. So staying away from packaged and fried food and eating natural is one of the solutions to your Gut problem.