A keto diet is also known as a ketogenic diet. It is low in carbohydrate content and high in fat content. The diet also involves taking optimum amounts of protein. To achieve this you can look for cheese to get your fat and protein content.
The Best Cheese For Keto – Here Are Some Factors For It
Consuming this kind of food puts your body into a state of ketosis. As a result, the body loses weight. This process, in turn, breaks the fat in the body into ketones and thus provides energy for the body
When you are looking for the best cheese for keto, you will need to factor in these aspects:
- Is it grass-fed? Cheese from grass-fed animals has more benefits to the body than any other cheese.
- Look for organic cheese and dairy products because they are healthier than any other.
- Look for non-homogenized products because they have more nutritional benefits.
- Cheese from products that are not pasteurized is healthier because it has enough fat content.
- The body, therefore, loses unwanted weight, and insulin and sugar levels are lowered.
There are various types of keto dirt and they are:
- Standard keto diet: A standard keto diet is a low carb. Consists of a moderate protein and high-fat diet with less than 10% carbohydrates.
- Cyclical ketogenic diet: In this diet, a person chooses to eat high protein on certain days and add high carbohydrate intake days.
- Targeted ketogenic diet: In this type of keto dieting, you are allowed to add carbs once in a while.
- High protein ketogenic diet: This diet is almost like the standard ketogenic diet but it has higher amounts of protein.
Which foods can you eat?
In a ketogenic diet, one is required to eat between 20-50gm per day of carbohydrates. Sometimes this may look challenging but several foods will help you achieve this effortlessly. One of the nutritious food you should stock up on is cheese.
The market has many types of cheese. The great news is that many of them are low carb and high fat. They are a great source of nutrition for a keto diet.
28 grams of cheddar cheese nutritionally provides 1 gram of carbs and 6.5 grams of protein. When you are looking for the best cheese for the keto diet, you are spoilt for choice. Benefits accruing to taking cheese are many. Some of them are
- You achieve your dietary requirements in one go
- The bacteria found in cheese allows one to improve their gut health
- Improves immune function
- Prevents cancer
- Inhibits bacteria and viruses
- Lowers high blood pressure
There are various types of cheese such as
Keto cheese list:
- Blue Cheese
- Colby Jack
- Cottage Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Pepper Jack
- Romanostring Cheese
In as much as cheese is a superfood, when looking for the best cheese in keto, avoid using highly processed cheese foods as they are not healthy. Instead, go for high-quality unprocessed foods.
Always avoid refined and processed cheese foods, and spreads, and cheeses imitations as well because they are homogenized and pasteurized.
Some of these highly processed products contain sugar, artificial dye, and flavoring. This makes it unhealthy especially when looking for the best cheese for keto. Always check the labels when you are purchasing cheese for the keto diet. When you read labels indicating processed cheese, be sure it’s not effective for your diet.
Other types of cheeses that you should steer clear of are
Bagged shredded cheese
Soy cheese and other vegan cheese substitutes
- Pre-sliced cheese sliced into singles
- Low-fat or reduced-fat cheese
The cheese you buy from the store already shredded and sliced is too processed and sometimes contains starches to prevent them from sticking together. This erodes all the gains of eating cheese as a healthy food.
Taking almond and coconut milk and other non-dairy milk are considered key friendly. However vegan cheeses are not because they are made out of soy. Which is not a healthy keto product. They contain less fat and more carbohydrates while will make you lose the gains of the keto diet. when looking for the best cheese for keto ensure that you evaluate your choices well.