The Public Health Data Standards Consortium is committed to bringing a common voice from the public health community to the national efforts of standardization of health information technology and population health.
To fulfill its mission the Consortium:
- Identifies priorities for the new national standards for population health;
- Promotes the integration of health-related data systems to meet the health data needs of public and private organizations, agencies and individuals;
- Participates in national and international efforts on the standardization of health-related information;
- Represents public health interests in standards development organizations, data content committees & standards harmonization entities; and
- Educates the public health community about health information technology standards and the health information technology community about public health.